What you will learn
- Learn why pet grooming is important, what equipment you need and your personality when dealing with animals.
- Get to understand the history behind pet grooming.
- Understand the anatomy of dogs, basic health, parasites and maintaining health.
- The importance of a pre-grooming health assessment and keeping clients updated on their pet’s health.
- Learn about the various skin and health disorders, along with the best way to groom a dog.
- Get valuable information on starting your own pet grooming business from identifying if it is the right choice for you, to creating a business plan and more.
- Learn how to train dogs to enjoy a bath, steps leading up to a bath and bathing a fearful dog.
- Know how to set up your grooming area, workstation requirements, tools you will need, lighting and airflow.
- Learn when a dog should be referred to a vet.
- Learn the best way to bath a dog from the clothes you should be wearing to getting the dog in the bath.
- Learn the best way to dry a dog. Get an understanding on why shaking is so important, identify the best methods from air and towel drying to drying between the pads on the paws, and more.
- Understand detailed grooming, such as nail clipping, eyes, ears, teeth, and feet.
- Get a good understanding on why you need to keep your workstation neat and tidy and why appearance is so important.
- Learn the various grooming emergencies from untangling knots to working with rescue dogs to emergencies, and more.
- Know the law. Know what is expected of you as a business owner in the dog grooming industry from first aid to basic health and safety.
The benefits of taking this course
- Enjoy the convenience of superior online support throughout your studies
- Study using any device, as long as it is connected to the internet
- Study from anywhere, on the bus on your way home from a full day at work or when you get home and you are relaxing on the couch
- Study and still work a full day with ease
- Study at your own pace and in your own time. You can take a week to complete the course or a month or more, this is down to your personal preference and the time you have available
- Fast track your career in the pet grooming industry
- Boost your chances of opening your own successful grooming business.